Friday 21 January 2011

going to war

Back in 2002 I could never understand why, if Sadaam had weapons of mass destruction which could be here in 45 minutes, going to war was the best thing to do? Surely, if that was correct we could be hit within the hour! It all sounded very fishy to me!
And now we are in Afghanistan, and I've still not understood why?
Although I believe myself to be a pacifist (would I think the same if I had been born a generation earlier?) I think the men and women in the forces should get as much encouragement as possible.
We often see planes flying very low over our house and believe that they will be dropping soldiers on to the Brecon Beacons for a training exercise. As we came back from our walk this afternoon there were empty army trucks being driven towards the Beacons. And so we waved to the drivers, receiving in return the hugest of smiles, waves and toots on the horn!

No comments:

Post a Comment