Tuesday 10 May 2011

it's a small world

I had an extended stay in Brighton this last weekend, I'm not usually there on a Sunday so decided to worship at one of the Baptist churches. I used my new BU handbook to discern which church to visit as I keep forgetting that many Baptist churches have web sites!
The secretary at one of the churches had an email address, so I contacted them to ask for times of the services. I got a very prompt reply, including an approximate finishing time with a welcome to stay for coffee afterwards.
My welcome was excellent; I was taken and introduced to the secretary, who then introduced me to the minister. The church was buzzing with folk of all ages.
I had only just sat down when a young lady sat behind me, said hello and introduced herself. In just a few minutes we had exchanged a lot of detail about ourselves and I asked if she had a card. As we swapped cards, the service started and I recognised her surname. In a pause between the prayers and singing I turned round and said "Is your Mum, Michelle?", "Yes" she said, "Lancaster?" I replied, she nodded!
This lovely lady has worked with one of my fellow batch at Spring Harvest as well as being the daughter of a delightful lady who I met when living north of Lancaster, with whom I also had two other connections as we were both members of the 'Arts Centre Group' and 'Men Women and God'.
The service was excellent, with drama, a clip from 'you tube', discussions with those around us and good biblical teaching. I look forward to another Sunday in Brighton!

No comments:

Post a Comment