Monday 14 February 2011

it's all happening

They say that things come in threes but I'm not so sure as so many exciting things have happened in the last week.
I went to my first minister's conference which I thoroughly enjoyed as it was a perfect balance to my time at college the previous week. As with most conferences, it is the time in between sessions, during coffee breaks and over meals, that excellent conversations are had and new friendships made. And I love it when within just a few minutes of talking we find that we have mutual friends within the Baptist Church.
For those of you who read my blog but are not on facebook - facebook suggests that you might like to be friends with someone because you have mutual friends. And someone approached me because they liked my description of my religion - 'radical contemplative'. Neither of us recognised each other's name or photo, as they didn't have one and I have Olive Oyl from the Popeye cartoons! But we had met several years ago and have now become firm facebook friends.
I will save my most exciting news for another post, but for now its back to the ironing for me as my head buzzes with the excitement that new friends and conversations bring. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your ministers' conference - the tea breaks/meal breaks are often the best bit; they are great places to meet new friends and catch up with old(er) ones.

    I am very curious to discover what thing three is!

    ReplyDelete