Wednesday 14 July 2010

What should women wear

... and who should make the decision?
Should it be her husband? or should it be the government? Has anyone thought that maybe a woman may like to make up her own mind?

I first met women in burkas in a London department store decades ago and was quite intrigued! Covered from head to toe in black, some with a thick black net over the eye opening, while others wore a gold mask. I wondered if they really could see what they were buying!

There are times when I think it would save a lot of time and effort not to worry about the state of my hair or makeup, and could see the benefit of putting on a burka.
But I do think it is sad that what women wears should be dictated by the government, especially as I understand that many wear the burka through choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment